Creating a Facebook page for your blog is a great way to utilize social media marketing to increase blog traffic. A Facebook page is a great way to keep fans and followers updated on recent posts and to attract new readers.
Bloggers can let their readers know that they have a Facebook page by adding a Facebook widget to their blogs. Facebook makes getting a widget fairly simple. However, you have to have a Facebook page already created.
- To create a Facebook widget, log on to Facebook and access the "edit page" screen.
- On the right side of the page, look for the heading "Promote with Facebook Badge".
- Click "Get Your Badge".
- You will now see an example of what your "badge" or widget will look like.
- Choose your blogging platform (i.e., Blogger, TypePad or other).
- Copy and paste the code into your blog.