- Placing a "PR Welcome" or "PR Friendly" badge or page on your blog is one way to attract companies. Companies are on the look out for blogs that are interested in hosting a giveaway or reviewing their products. In my personal experience, I have been contacted on several occasions from companies such as CSN Stores and Kidtoons to host a giveaway or do a product review. You can also see which companies other blogs are hosting a giveaway for and contact that company directly and to let them know that you're interested in working with them.
- If you use Swagbucks as often as I do, you can earn points which can then be redeemed as gift cards and products. So then you could giveaway an Amazon.com gift card.
- Signing up websites to do product reviews is another way to get products for giveaways. Many times in lieu of money, these sites will give you the product for the review plus an additional one that you use for the giveaway. Here's a list of product review sites.
- If you can buy a gift card or a product at a great discount, this could be a small investment in order to drive traffic to your blog. I think of it as an advertising cost. For example, Restaurant.com offers monthly deals on their gift cards and certificates. Sometimes you can get a $25 gift card for $2. $2 is a pretty good price to pay for advertising, in my opinion.
- Another great product you can offer for a giveaway is a feature article or 1 month of advertising on your blog. In some cases, this may not be the right product for your blog's niche. But if you're just starting out and participate in blog hops, chances are the majority of visitors are fellow blog owners. This type of prize is beneficial to you and the winner because more than likely the winner will post on their blog that they won and will refer visitors to your site to read their feature article.
Another thing to remember is to list your giveaways on contest blogs. Here is a list of blogs you can register your contest or giveaway on.