I recently came upon the blog Simplystacie.net and was so impressed with it that I asked Stacie if I could interview her for Blogging Hints. Her blog has a clean, professional look not mention she has over 4000 followers. Here is my interview with Stacie from Simplystacie.net.
1. Tell a little about yourself.
I am a 32 year old mom of two girls and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Olivia is 12 and Bridget is 5. I am going through a divorce after 10 years of marriage. I have been living with my new partner, John, for the last year and a bit and things are going great. I love to read, write, shop, travel and of course, blog!
2. When did you get started blogging?
I started my blog in December 2008.
3. What is the topic of your blog?
My blog is mainly reviews and giveaways of women's products (beauty, fashion, etc), books, and children and baby products. I have also started to share blogging tips and resources to help out other bloggers. I host a few blog hop linkys throughout the week like Mailbox Monday (for email subscribers), Facebook Like You Back (for Facebook pages), Twitter Hop Thursday (for Twitter followers) and Fun Follow Friday (for GFC followers).
4. What do you think was the key to the success of your blog?
- The key to success is to put yourself out there and network. Be active in forums, on Facebook and Twitter and comment on other blogs!
- Be consistent with your posts and don't let large amounts of time pass between your posts.
- If you have giveaways, submit them to the various blog linkys (http://simplystacie.net/sites-to-list-your-giveaways/) and Online Sweepstakes.
- Participate and be active in some weekly memes http://simplystacie.net/weekly-memes/
- Get to know other bloggers! I have met so many wonderful people once I started putting myself out there and came out of my "blogging bubble"
I have posts on what I do to grow my blog in my Blogging Resources section http://simplystacie.net/category/features/blogger-resources/
5. How much time do you spend working on your blog per week?
My blog is my full-time job and I treat it as such. I usually spend a full working day on it from 7am to 4pm. It is VERY time consuming. Keeping on top of my emails takes the longest. I usually have over 200 when I wake in the morning. I keep on a routine and that seems to help. I answer my emails from the previous day in the mornings. I usually do my posts in the afternoon.
6. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Get active and put yourself out there! Participate in memes, forums and leave comments on others blogs. It does take time to build your blog, but it will grow in leaps and bounds just by networking or at least that's what I have found from my experience!
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
One thing I wanted to add was a piece of advice and something I wished I had done when I started blogging. Buy a domain name NOW even if you don't use it right away. You don't want your chosen blog domain to be gone when you do decide you want to use it! I wanted a .com but had to settle with a .net because the .com was already taken.
Another thing I wanted to mention was for bloggers to add Feedburner so people can subscribe by email. I don't like using a reader myself so I will only read a blog by email! I always feel sad when a blog doesn't have this option because then I will forget to check it every day!
I would like to thank Stacie for taking the time to give me an interview. I'm sure all of bloggers can benefit from her advice. Here are the links to stay connected with Stacie.